Sunday 6 March 2011

Derry-Londonderry Arts Festival OR The Walled City Arts Festival?

I'm still unsure about the name of this festival? I think I'm leaning more towards "The Walled City Arts Festival". Do I even need the "Arts"? "The Walled City Festival"? 

I went off on a bit of a tangent, thinking I'd like to concentrate on the "W". After folding over 80 pieces of paper I created this 3D W below. I was really excited and confident about the concept. I was thinking this could work as the logo and that I would bring it out and put in some of the spots I had already photographed but I'm not that happy with the final product so I haven't done this yet. I'm not sure if it's the colours I've used or is it just not finished properly? I just don't think it works at all but would still like to work more on using the W.




Then I thought about printing on these pieces of paper. Which I actually really like, individually I think they are really nice. Played about with these and made the W out of them just by sticking them on my wall. Which has no triggered another idea...What about creating my posters like I have been doing but then instead of just printing them on one sheet of paper I cut up them image and print them out on these small pieces of paper and then put the poster together like a bit of a jigsaw?? Does that make sense?? Again I feel like I'm going off on a bit of a tangent and this could either really work or REALLY NOT! Am I over complicating the whole situation? Does it need to be this complex? 






This does not work at all.







After these last few images I would like to try the idea of creating a stencil and spraying it on a wall somewhere and photographing it, don't wanna get in trouble though, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment