Wednesday 16 March 2011

Research: The Galway Arts Festival














Above are double page spreads from the programme guide for the Galway Arts Festival. I think the layout is alright, in some places there's a lot of empty space which is nice but then in other parts it's all very cramped and the layout doesn't seem to be cohesive throughout the document, it seems a bit al over the place. Which is easy for me to say now but I know I'm going to have trouble trying to find a layout that works both in a design aspect and a practical one. I want to be able to fit all the information I need on each event in a nice clean, clear layout. I'm not too sure about the type face used either, its nice but I'm just no that excited about it.







Another part of this programme guide I've been looking at are the smaller details, such as how they've grouped the events, they've grouped them by discipline ie art, theatre, music, dance etc. I still am unsure as to how I'm going to do this, I can either do it by discipline, the dates the events are on or the venue in which the events are on. I'm going to do out a few mock layouts in each to see which will work best and look best. Also there's how to show the dates of each event. A further element of their design is the quotes/reviews which I really hadn't thought about at all. But since I've noticed it they do seem to be in a lot of other programmes/booklets like these. Not sure wether it's something I need to worry about but still something else to think about! 


In my original project proposal I stated that I would also like to take a look at designing the front end of a website for the festival. I still would like to do this but I think I will definitely need to get the bulk of my printed work designed before I could take a look at this, so we'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment