Tuesday 1 February 2011

Research

Ok, since my presentation I have been veering in a different direction, which I'm not entirely sure I'm that comfortable or confident about. My original concept of the Derry Arts Festival was very clear in my mind I and knew exactly what I wanted to achieve. From my discussion with the lectures about my concept they encouraged me to look into a different angle but still remain focused on Derry City and it's culture. Perhaps try and document the publics feelings towards the city and it's move forward in regards the City of Culture. I still would like this to be a print based project, I would love to do a documentary but I would not have the confidence in my ability in filmmaking and editing just yet to base my whole major project on this medium.
Here are a few videos that I have come across which don't relate exactly to my subject but I fell they are helpful in understanding of the documentation of peoples opinions.


Below is the official film produced to support the Derry~Londonderry UK City of Culture
2013 bid and some other promotional videos on Derry City. The film was produced by the award winning arts organisation the Nerve Centre with contributions from Willie Doherty and Seamus Heaney. The film captures the vibrancy of the cityĆ­s cultural scene and gives voice and vision to the enthusiasm, passion and commitment with which the city has embraced the City of Culture bidding process. The sound is a bit dodge but even visually I think this video is great in the way it shows off the city. I think Derry looks really well in the video. These are the kind of shots I would love to get of the city.




No comments:

Post a Comment