Wednesday 16 February 2011

Typefaces.. experimenting.. learning.. enjoying..

Choosing the right typeface? What is the right typeface for my design? What is going to work? I had a quick look through da.font.com and just took a few screenshots of various types. Some nice, some not so nice! I always find myself going for san serif types, they're just sleeker, cleaner, nicer looking to me and I always find I work better with them. I am however going to try a few serif types and see how I get on! below are just a few screen shots from my work in Illustrator. I have not yet picked a type that I want to stick with, think it's still a bit early. Plus I need to see how the type will work the photography I choose. I'm also going to try a few different names for the festival, "Derry-Londonderry Arts Festival" is a bit of a mouth full, maybe "The Maiden City Arts Festival"/ "The Walled City Arts Festival" both of those even seem a bit much, hhhmmmmmm?

















No comments:

Post a Comment